Monday, June 13, 2011

The Wait is over!




It's a Girl! Chase Hollyn Pease born 6/6/2011













Our Monday morning last week started off with a big surprise. I woke with contractions that were about 6 minutes apart, though they were not painful. I went through this "should I call, or I am freaking myself out" conversation to myself. I finally decided to call and they said to go ahead and come in. On the drive I felt nothing and was sure they would send us home. However, I figured we would get to see how dilated I was and if she was breech again (I had a sneaking suspicion that Chase was going to be stubborn).




Just a side note, I should have eaten breakfast before we left.



When we got to the hospital, they hooked me up to the monitor....no contractions. I was sure we were going home. But when they checked me I was 5 cm. I walked around for a bit and then I was 6 1/2. So Tonya, my midwife, ordered an epidural, broke my water, and the waiting began.




Did I mention that I had not eaten breakfast? D, my mom, and I were watching TV while we waited and D said "Hey they lady looks kinda like a bird." I heard, "that lady looks like a burger." And when the credits rolled for that show, the producer's name was "Alan Burger", no joke! I was so hungry! My stomach growling was amplified by the monitor intended to monitor the baby's heart.




Okay, let's fast foward. 4 1/2 hours later is was time to push. I won't go into too much detail there. Chase arrived with a very grumpy look on her face. As I recall, I thought she looked kinda like Dustin's grandfather with that scrunched up expression.




She is perfect. And Kaylee is such a proud big sis. She ran down the hall and into the room. When she saw her for the first time she said "Oooh, I like it!" She's been a big help and very patient and accomodating with the changes in our household.




Chase got to meet all of her cousin's this weekend. Elliot (4 months old) tried to coax her to hold hands, while Carson (22 months) serenaded her with the Black Eyed Peas's "Boom Boom Pow." Chase is lucky number 7 for my parents, in under 5 years.




Overall it has been an overwelming yet exciting and fulfilling week. I know she's going to grow up fast so I'm trying to take it all in. It's difficult, but I'm doing my best to slow down, stop stressing, and enjoy this moment in both my little girls' lives.






1 comment:

  1. She is absolutely beautiful AB! I just can't get enough of her. And Kaylee?? The SPITTING image of her mother. Congratulations to you and Dustin, and to the proud Grandparents!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete